Study Room Policies
Study Rooms are intended to support academic work by Baptist College students, staff and faculty working on group projects, studying together, or conducting meetings. Priority use of the rooms will be given to students using them for group study. They are not intended for use as individual study carrels or as general-purpose classrooms. Due to the popularity of these rooms, the library has established reservation policies for their use.
Library staff at the Library Front desk will cancel room reservations if violations of the following policies are reported to them. Call 901-572-2677 or visit the desk for assistance.
- Rooms L7 –L10 can be reserved for use by one person.
- Rooms L4 and L5 can be reserved by groups of current Baptist College students, staff, and faculty. A group is considered to be two or more people.
- Room L3 can be reserved for a group of three or more working on a specific presentation to which they would utilize the projector, the workstation, and at least one computer.
- Rooms can be reserved for up to 2 hours by an individual or group. If a room is still available within 15 minutes of the end of your reservation, you may place a new reservation for an additional 2 hours at the front desk.
- You may only have one room reservation at a time.
- If after 15 minutes a group fails to appear, the reservation will be cancelled by Library staff and the room can be scheduled for another group.
- Current food and drink policies apply to the use of group study rooms. Groups must leave study rooms in clean condition.
- The Baptist College code of conduct applies to the use of study rooms.
- STUDY ROOMS ARE NOT SOUNDPROOF. Please be conscientious of your neighbors.